Katrina writes for the award winning website Fickle Feline which she founded in 2004. Her candid writing and bare bones honesty have won her accolades from both the Mental Health and Autism communities. She is an Autism advocate and is currently documenting her Autistic son Max's journey for a book she is writing on how to achieve a best outcome for Autism through early intervention and intensive therapy. She is a contributor to websites Sew Sew Def, Traveling Mom, and Mommy Niri Cares and has provided content for iVillage.ca, WonderBra, Mabels Labels, FedEx, Bell Sympatico, American Express, Air Miles, Royal Bank of Canada, Purolator, Sprite, CVS Caremark and Microsoft. She is also a social media consultant, specializing in helping businesses use social media in relevant and cost effective ways to build customer loyalty and strengthen relationships. Katrina thinks raisins are just rotten grapes and is not afraid to share pictures of herself looking completely ridiculous. She hates her cat and very much looks forward to the day that her two year old daughter turns 18 and moves out.
8 things I want you to know:
- I’m short. Like 5’4 short. But I start the day at 5’4 and a half. I spend a lot of time wondering what it would be like to be tall.
- I’m pretty sure I’m blonde. I get some help.
- If you cut your nails in front of me I will stab you.
- If you want to buy me a drink I’ll take a vodka & soda with a splash of lime (please and thank you).
- I really like getting my way. I dare say I make a point of it.
- My favourite colour is purple. I don’t actually own anything purple though. Huh.
- I have no idea what I’m meant to do with my life. Leaning towards being a kept woman, in the market for a sugar daddy or mommy (I’m totally flexible like that).
- I’m a go-getter, a force of nature, a woman of action. I feel bad for people who get in my way.
8 things I don’t want you to know:
- I obsess about stupid shit. Like when I only had a cat and realized she was fat, and I got all anxious for an entire afternoon about it. But she complained when I tried to give her less food so I said “fuckit be fat then you mean old cat”. Now I have kids and I don’t pay attention to my cat. Poor thing.
- I am a slow reader.
- When I really like something, I like it a lot. As in, I will listen to a song over and over again until I’m so sick of it I never listen to it again.
- I have nightmares about going to the dentist. I’m always sure to let him know that when I see him.
- I’m considered “pretty good” at a lot of things but I’m not actually “amazing” at anything.
- I buy things to make myself feel better. Like songs off itunes, and Pandora beads off ebay.
- I had my blackberry for over a year and didn’t know what the password was to my voicemail. Wondering if I missed anything important…
- I often prefer to be by myself. No offence.